- Raising awareness and providing information on responsible liquor trade.
- Promoting public participation in the regulatory process of the liquor industry.
research on socio-economic effects of alcohol abuse and developing
appropriate interventions to address the negative effects emanating from
- Promoting and advocating for responsible drinking.
- Developing and implementing intervention programmes.
be the business unit in the KwaZulu-Natal Liquor Authority that prides
itself with aligning its operations with the vision, mission, values and
key objectives of the KwaZulu-Natal Liquor Authority, and in so doing
support the Liquor Authority in achieving its vision of being the only
leading and distinguished liquor regulator in the country.
- To be the information hub of both the Liquor Authority, the liquor industry, business and communities at large:
- Through, caring and taking care in all aspects of us executing our duties.
- Through taking accountability for all our actions and the work we do.
- Through doing our work with earnest honesty and conscience; therefore ensuring it is done with integrity.
answering, replying, responding and readily reacting to the call of all
society, and more so the industry which we regulate and control. In so
doing, being responsive enough to all our stakeholders.
- Through being transparent about all the matters relating to the business of the Liquor
- Authority, thereby ensuring our stakeholders trust and respect the work the KwaZulu-Natal Liquor Authority does.
- Through treating each and every one we come into contact with on behalf of the KwaZulu-Natal Liquor Authority with fairness and utmost respect.
- Through treating each and every piece of information we obtain from our stakeholder and client base with absolute confidentiality.
constantly reading, updating ourselves and researching issues in the
industry and society both negative, positive and pertinent ensuring we
stay a learning for the better organisation.
OUR ANNUAL PERFORMANCE PLAN SEEKS TO ACHIEVE WHAT HAS BEEN SHARED ABOVE AS FOLLOWS:
THE BUSINESS UNIT'S STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- Establish / maintain an integrated and co-ordinated social responsibility programme in respect of alcohol consumption.
a process to identify and monitor the unique effects caused by alcohol
abuse and liquor industry and formulate effective responses thereto.
an effective process to educate the community, potential and current
traders regarding the economic opportunities available in the liquor
industry and the related obligations.